Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wanderlust

I have recently been experiencing a bit of wanderlust.  Many of my friends and family have been travelling a good deal recently and that only fuels my intense desire to see other places. As for where I am indifferent (Boston, Colorado, Alaska, Seattle, the Dakotas, and Virginia all come to mind immediately because I do not have my passport). Today while feeling these feelings I was watching the sun set into the have of the Exxon chemical plant and began to work on this little ditty in my head. Please excuse the poor punctuation and cadence. I have no recollection of my Jr High poetry lessons at all.


Sun, Oh Sun, I saw you today
Setting in the haze all orange, yellow, and gray
I thought to myself, 
"Hey, wouldn't it be great if I followed you to another state!"
Though westward bound the desire of my flesh,
East minded I will remain awaiting refresh.
For You will appear in the eastern sky,
On that mighty day when Your trumpet cries!
Sin will be blotted out,
While saints and sinners begin to shout!
This time of night I want to run, 
though my journey has only begun.
Here I wait patiently,
For Thee and only Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment